Waste Management’s trash and recycling customers who normally receive service on Fridays will be receiving service on Saturday, July 5 this week only because of the company’s observance of Independence Day. Service will remain as usual for customers who receive service on Saturday.
Residential customers in the following cities who receive service on Fridays should place their carts out for pick-up on Saturday, July 5:
- Manhattan Beach
- Rolling Hills Estates
- South Gate
- Huntington Park
- Chatsworth and West Hills
- Rancho Dominguez, West Rancho Dominguez and Rosewood
- El Camino Village, Alondra Park, Del Aire and Wiseburn
All local Waste Management operations will be closed on Friday, July 4, with normal operations resuming on Saturday, July 5.
With Fourth of July party planning underway, Waste Management would like to share a few eco-friendly party tips to go red, white, and green this Independence Day:
1. Become independent of disposable plates, cups and utensils and bring reusable party ware. This is not only good for the environment, but also saves money in the long run.
2. Set up a specially marked recycling container to collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles so that they don’t end up in the trash.
3. Try petroleum-free charcoal starter, which is available purchase at many household discount and hardware stories.
- Use aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap to cover and store food. Foil can be cleaned and reused, or crumpled up and tossed into the recycling cart, making it the better option.