Waste Management of the Inland Empire’s curbside residential trash and recycling and commercial customers who normally receive service on Fridays will be receiving service on Saturday, July 5 this week only because of the company’s observance of Independence Day. Service will remain as usual for customers who receive service on Saturday.
This means customers in the following cities who receive service on Friday should place their carts out for pick-up on Saturday, July 5:
- Jurupa Valley
- Moreno Valley
- Communities in unincorporated Riverside County and San Bernardino County
All Waste Management of the Inland Empire operations will be closed on Friday, July 4 including the hauling operations, customer service center, transfer station and landfill. Normal operations will resume on Saturday, July 5.
With Fourth of July party planning underway, Waste Management would like to share a few eco-friendly party tips to go red, white, and green this Independence Day:
1. Become independent of disposable plates, cups and utensils and bring reusable party ware. This is not only good for the environment, but also saves money in the long run.
2. Set up a specially marked recycling container to collect aluminum cans and plastic bottles so that they don’t end up in the trash.
3. Try petroleum-free charcoal starter, which is available purchase at many household discount and hardware stories.
- Use aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap to cover and store food. Foil can be cleaned and reused, or crumpled up and tossed into the recycling cart, making it the better option.
About Waste Management
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is the largest residential recycler and also a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com or www.thinkgreen.com.