The L.A. County Fair is celebrating its 91st anniversary with one big party. Here’s a list of programs and deals for Friday, Sept. 6. More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: Noon – Midnight
- Huntington Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
-Food Drive Fridays: One free admission noon-5 p.m. with a donation of five-canned food products. The food will be donated to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank with a portion returning to a local community-based organization.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
-Cardenas Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12. Available at all participating Cardenas Markets.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Los Lobos, El Chicano & Little Willie G: Los Lobos, El Chicano and Little Willie G perform at the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Pomona Day: Celebrate the city and Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 4:15 p.m. at Millard Sheets Center for the Arts. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Pomona’s Community Heroes are Jessica Schaller and Eddie Vasquez.
Horse Racing Opening Day: Live thoroughbred horse racing begins today at Barretts Race Meet. Now in its 75th season, racing continues through Sept. 22 (dark Mondays and Tuesdays). Post time is 4 p.m. Wednesday and 1 p.m. Thursday - Sunday.
Star Trek: The Exhibition: Daily. Live long and prosper at this extensive Trekkie exhibit.
Peter Rabbit: Meet Peter Rabbit and celebrate the 111th anniversary of the classic tale of Peter’s escape from Mr. McGregor’s garden. FairView Farms.
Sounds of Santana: This tribute band brings the music of Santana to life in a way that makes you feel you are watching the originals. At the Coca-Cola Stage. 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
Pencils 2 Pixels – The Art of Animation: Daily. This new, museum-quality exhibit celebrates the past, present and future of the animation industry. Guests of all ages can learn about the techniques and stories behind their most beloved animated characters and learn to draw and create characters.