The following highlights are provided by the Pomona Fairplex.
L.A. County Fair Daily Highlights – Sept. 5
The L.A. County Fair is celebrating its 91ST anniversary with one big party. Here’s a list of programs and deals for Thursday, Sept. 5. More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: Noon – 11 p.m.
-T-Mobile Thursdays: $25 admission to the Fair which includes an all-you-can-ride carnival wristband with coupon from T-Mobile.
- Huntington Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
-$5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
-Cardenas Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, available at all participating Cardenas Markets.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Brothers Johnson, Rose Royce, Lakeside: Join in the fun when the monster trucks tear it up in the Fairplex Park Grandstand. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Battle of the Bands: Celebrate the second annual Battle of the Bands and watch high school and college bands face off for the opportunity to perform at Vans Warped Tour 2014. Experience the competition at the Coca-Cola Stage. All day.
Beneath The Sea: Daily. Experience the Live Shark and Stingray Encounters, visit Melissa the Mermaid, and spend some time at the Sea Lion Splash. Located in Expo Hall 4.
Mysteries of the Amazon: Daily. Visit the Flower & Garden Pavilion for a look at the various foliage and animals from the rainforests of South America.
Carnival: Daily. Ray Cammack Shows returns for its 28th year with the best carnival around.
Diamond Bar: Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:00 p.m. at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Diamond Bar’s Community Heroes are Dr. Tony Yi Torng, Atharshna Singarajah and Bea McMillan.
Chef Henry Gonzalez: Chef Henry of Spaggi’s restaurant gives a cooking class at the Wine & Beer Marketplace. 2 p.m.