The L.A. County Fair is celebrating its 91st anniversary with one big party. Here’s a list of programs and deals for Wednesday, Sept. 11. More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: noon – 10 p.m.
-Wild Wednesdays: Fair admission and a carnival wristband are only $25. Presented by Farmer Boys and Del Taco.
- Senior Wednesday: $5 senior admission (with coupon from lacountyfair.com)
- $5 after 5: Fair admission only $5 after 5 p.m. (with coupon from lacountyfair.com)
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
-Cardenas Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, available at all participating Cardenas Markets.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
San Dimas Day: Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. San Dimas Community Heroes are Kassidy Cuccia-Aguirre, Bob Hardcastle, Scott Dilley, Jay Pace and Marilyn Angelo.
Jewels of the Rainforest: Explore the many jewels of the rainforest while animals teach you all about their homes and what you can find there. noon, 4 p.m. Flower & Garden Atrium.
Blacksmith Show: Learn about this unique art form. See how tools were used. 1, 3, 5, 6:30 & 8:30 p.m., Heritage Farm & Mission
Garden Railroad: Daily. The Fairplex Garden Railroad was featured on Huell Howser’s “Calfornia’s Gold,” which aired on PBS. This miniature landscape is considered the largest and oldest of its kind in North America. Located across from Expo Hall 4.
Cirque du Feu: Daily. Watch the fiery antics of these performers as they balance, juggle and play with fire. Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus. 6:30, 8, 9:30 p.m.
Beneath the Sea: Daily. Explore the many animals and plants living beneath the sea. Sea lions, sharks, stingrays and even a mermaid call this exhibit their home.Wine Class: Join Don Galleano and Chuck Keagle for an evening of wine and food pairing at the Wine & Beer Marketplace—Great Wines for Meatlovers, 7 p.m.