In its second full week, there's still plenty of things to see and do at the LA County Fair. And if you're looking to get in for free, donate some school supplies before 6 p.m., and you'll get in for free.
Today’s hours: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Thoughtful Thursdays School Supply Drive: One free admission from noon-6 p.m. with a donation of 3 new and unwrapped school supply items. Proceeds benefit United Way's School Tools Program.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Guests can enjoy half-price fountain beverages and bottled water all day.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
George Benson & Chaka Kahn: Contemporary artist George Benson and soul artist Chaka Kahn take the stage for an evening of talent and fun as part of the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Metalachi: The world’s first and only heavy metal mariachi band twists two genres into an all-out comedic spectacle on the Plaza de las Américas Stage – 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Battle of the Bands: Bands compete for a cash prize and a chance to play at the 2013 Vans Warped Tour at Fairplex. Witness the battles at the Coca-Cola Stage from 6-11 p.m.
Fairview Farms: Daily. There is a lot to do at the farm, whether it’s visiting the baby animals at Zuckerman’s Nursery, chatting with cowboy Sky Shivers, learning to rope a calf at the Rodeo or enjoying a show in Thummer’s Entertainment Barn.
Chino Day: Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Chino’s Community Heroes are Anthony Burkey and Bill Sitton.
Chinese Circus of Beijing: Daily. Don’t miss out on the sensational Chinese acrobats as they perform balancing feats, martial arts and more. At Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre at 1:30, 4:30 and 8:00 p.m.
Person to Person (Boogie Train): Daily. Celebrate the ‘70s with Person to Person as they take you on a magical journey through the famous songs of these memorable eras. Check your Daily Fun Guide for showtimes.
Wine Class: Join honorary wine competition chairman Michael Jordan and restaurant owner Chuck Keagle for a class in wine and cheese with Thin Skin Reds – Pinot Noir and Grenache, 7 p.m. At the Wine & Spirits Marketplace.
Run For The Fair Competition: Contestants use every day Fair food items to make creations of their own. See for yourself in the Culinary Styles Gourmet Kitchen in Village on Broadway. 7:30 p.m.