You have two more weeks to enjoy the Los Angeles County Fair. If you plan to attend today, here’s a list of programs and deals for Saturday.
For more information visit the fair’s website. Today’s hours: 10 a.m. – midnight
- Chaffey College Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- City of Hope Bloodmobile will be receiving blood donations. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens.
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Bridgit Mendler and Cher Lloyd - Disney Channel star Bridgit Mendler and U.K. singer and rapper Cher Lloyd will be performing as part of the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Chico Band - Dance to the exclusive sounds and styles of the Chico Band including salsa, cha-cha, meringue and cumbia. At Plaza de las Américas Stage; 7, 8:30, 10 and 11 p.m.
Iron Man - Iron Man from Marvel’s Avengers is coming to the Fair this weekend. Meet him in America’s Kids: A Living Library of Fun at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
London 2012 – Open daily. The spectacular F&G Pavilion will treat Fairguests to London. Look for British favorites like West End theatre and wander through an English garden.
Magic Tree House – “Read, Read, Read”: Daily. Brother and sister duo Jack and Annie bring their time traveling adventures to life in this tribute to the magic of reading. Come join in the fun at America’s Kids: A Living Library of Fun at 12, 2, 4 and 6 p.m.
Cirque du Feu -Open daily. Combine old school circus with modern day theatrical stunts, add the heat of fire and what you get is an action-packed show that can’t be missed! At Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus. Check your Daily Fun Guide for show times.
Unauthorized Rolling Stones - Front man and founder Rudy Colimbini is widely regarded as the most visually accurate “Mick” in the business. Come hear the band at the Coca-Cola Stage at 7, 8:30, 10 and 11 p.m.
Wine Classes - Deborah Parker Wong, editor of The Tasting Panel magazine, hosts three classes in the Wine & Spirits Marketplace: Bring on the Bubbles – Sparkling Wines of the World, 2 p.m.; Best of the Blends, 4 p.m.; Life is a Cabernet – Roadmap to the World of Cabernet Sauvignon, 6 p.m.
Log Rolling School - Test your lumberjack skills by participating in our log rolling school (nominal fee required). In Wilderness Ridge.
Barking Buccaneers - The pirates have gone to the dogs as these cunning canines demonstrate their pirate skills in Frisbee-catching acrobatics. Throughout the day in Pets Ahoy.