It's La Verne's day to celebrate as the Los Angeles County Fair starts its third full week of family fun and entertainment. Also, it's Wednesday, which means you can get an unlimited ride wristband for $25, which is half off the regular price.
Today’s hours: Noon – 10 p.m.
- University of La Verne Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- All You Can Ride Wednesdays: $25 for unlimited rides and admission.
- Senior Wednesdays: Ages 60+ are admitted to the Fair FREE with a coupon available in the LANG newspapers. Please check our website for more information.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- $5 after 5 Kids Meals: Kids meals at select vendors available to those 12 and younger.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
La Verne Day: Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. La Verne’s 2012 Community Heroes are Archana Reddy, Tim Morrison, Mickey Washlow and Mark Coppolo.
Wine Class: Secrets of the Playboy Mansion – Join Chef William Bloxsom-Carter as he takes guests behind the guarded gates of the Playboy Mansion to learn a few of his successful hospitality tips (a nominal fee is required). Registration and additional information is available at www.lacountyfair.com
Irene Davi: Latin pop regional singer Irene Davi performs at the Plaza de las Americas Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m. Additional information on Irene Davi is available at www.irenedavi.com
The Magic of Dan Birch: This international magician makes doves magically materialize in his hands and transforms them into a live poodle. Be mystified at the Coca-Cola Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 p.m.
Gold Panning: Daily. Experience a part of California history in the Gold Rush area located in California’s Heritage Square. For an additional fee, guests can pan for gold and cut their own geode.
Barking Buccaneers: Daily. The pirates have gone to the dogs as these cunning canines demonstrate their privateer skills in Frisbee catching acrobatics and deep sea diving. At Pets Ahoy. Check your Daily Fun Guide for show times.
Welde’s Big Bear Expedition: Daily. Learn educational information on bears and their habitants. Welde’s bears entertain guests with their skills and have fun with their trainers. Throughout the day in Wilderness Ridge.