The countdown to the end of the 90th annual Los Angeles County Fair begins. Sunday is the final day. Here’s a list of programs and deals for Friday. More information can be found at fair’s website. www.lacountyfair.com
Today’s hours: Noon – Midnight
- Food Drive Fridays: Guests receive free Fair admission in exchange for five canned products on Fridays. Free admission good noon- 6 p.m. The canned products will be donated to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank with a portion going to the honored community of the day for distribution to their charity.
- Cal State San Bernardino Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
The Charlie Daniels Band, 38 Special and special guest Outlaws - Get a little country with The Charlie Daniels Band, 38 Special and Outlaws at the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Timeless Wonder - Steven Baldwin’s portrayal of Stevie Wonder is nothing short of remarkable in this spectacular tribute that celebrates the career of one of America’s greatest musical icons. At the Coca Cola Stage. 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 and 11:30 p.m. Schedule subject to change.
Rumbankete - This multi-cultural salsa orchestra has developed a unique musical style and is known for its explosive rhythm section, powerful trombones and energetic vocal delivery. At the Plaza de las Americas Stage. 7:00, 8:30, 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. Schedule subject to change.
Thummer, Daily & Lily Meet & Greet – Open daily. Come meet Thummer, the official ambassador of the L.A. County Fair and his friends Daisy and Lily as they welcome you in. This popular pig, motherly cow and shy lamb are eager to meet you. Located in FairView Farms. Consult your Daily Fun Guide for meet and greet times.
Grizzly Falls – Open daily. See the bears at play in their very own Grizzly Falls habitat. Located in Wilderness Ridge. 2:30 and 5:30 p.m.
San Dimas Day - Celebrate the dignitaries and Community Heroes of Upland during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held on the Community Stage in Building 4. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. San Dimas’ Community Heroes are Calyn Murray, Pat Meyers and Linda Groth.
Art & Fair, A 90 Year Celebration - Open daily. The Millard Sheets Center for the Arts presents “Art & Fair: A 90 Year Celebration,” a timeline of exhibits that give life to the artistic and historical marvels of the Fair’s rich history.