The Los Angeles County Fair reaches the end of the week today. The fair will be dark Monday and Tuesday. More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Los Angeles County Day: A Buy One-Get One free admission coupon will be available to all county employees. Good for employees of Los Angeles County only. A special parade honoring Los Angeles County will take place at noon.
- Weekend for Heroes: Active and retired military, reserves, police, fire and paramedics, with ID, along with one guest, can attend the Fair for $1 each; proceeds from the $1 admissions will be donated to the Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation.
- Circus Circus Sundays: Free admission for children ages 6-12 with a paid adult admission at regular price with coupon good only Sunday, Sept. 9 & 16. Presented by Circus Circus. Visit the Fair website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Ghiradelli Chocolate Championship - In celebration of Ghiradelli’s 160th anniversary, this competition features creations ranging from trendy mixtures to family tradition recipes. Three winners will receive a cash prize and a Ghiradelli gift basket. Scores will be based on the overall flavor, tantalizing chocolate taste, fun and festivity and an easy-to-make recipe. Judging is at 4 p.m. Village on Broadway.
Ramon Ayala - Norteño music star Ramon Ayala y Sus Bravos del Norte will be performing as part of the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
The Who Show - With note to note musical renditions, authentic costumes and vintage instruments, The Who Show brings a concert experience straight from the 1970s. At the Coca-Cola Stage. 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
Mojo’s African Safari - Open daily. Visit zebra buddies Barcode and Stripes, reptiles, exotic birds and other animals when you embark on a wild African Safari adventure with Mojo the Weeper Capuchin monkey.
Tablescaping - Discover how to make your dinner table look fabulous with Tablescaping with Pottery Barn. Noon to 1 p.m. and 2 to 3 p.m. Located in the Village on Broadway.
Magic Tree House “Read Read Read” – Open daily. Beloved children’s book series The Magic Tree House comes to life with a live character show in “Read Read Read.” Brother and sister duo Jack and Annie bring their time traveling adventures to life in this inspiring tribute to the magic of reading. Located in America’s Kids. Noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m.
Cooking Demo - Chef Leslie offers a cooking demonstration on quick and healthy meals. Village on Broadway. 2:30 p.m.
EVOO - Discover the extra virgin olive oils of the Northern and Southern Hemispheres with Julie Menge at the Wine & Spirits Marketplace. Noon. (nominal fee for class)
Wine Classes - Sommelier Traci Dutton shares her knowledge on wine with three wines classes at the Wine & Spirits Marketplace: The Price is Right – Value Gold Medal Wines at 2 p.m.; Hot Trends – Moscato, Sweet Reds, Red Blends at 4 p.m.; and The Vine & The Tree (Wine & Extra Virgin Olive Oil) with Julie Menge at 6 p.m. (nominal fee for class)
Captain America - The first Avenger visits the America’s Kids: A Living Library of Fun attraction for meet-and-greets. 12:30, 2:30 and 4:30 p.m.
The Flying Umbrella Ship – Open daily. Mango and Dango are a unique, multi-talented theatrical circus duo that specializes in amazing technical circus skills from stilt walking to juggling to hula hooping. Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus.