The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California has scheduled a four-day shutdown of its Weymouth Water Treatment Plant to perform scheduled maintenance and construction.
This shutdown, from Thursday to Sunday, will reduce local water supplies by more than 25 percent.
The Walnut Valley Water District, which serves Diamond Bar and Walnut, is asking residents to conserve water during the shutdown when possible and suggests the following ways:
- Turn off outdoor sprinkler systems and stop watering landscapes.
- Hold off new spring plantings.
- Wait to fill swimming pools or spas until after the shutdown.
- Use a broom instead of the hose to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Run only full loads in clothes washers and dishwashers.
- Keep showers to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Don’t leave the water running when washing dishes, brushing your teeth or shaving.
More information about the shutdown and additional water conservation are available at www.wvwd.com.
--City of Diamond Bar