A jury trial for a former Lorbeer Middle School teacher facing molestation charges has been scheduled for Oct. 1.
The case has been winding its way through the court system for about a year.
Steven Andrews, 41, has been accused of committing lewd acts against a 14-year-old student. He surrendered to Walnut/Diamond Bar Sheriff’s Station deputies on Sept. 30, 2011. On Oct. 5, the District Attorney’s office filed 17 charges against him, including six counts of sexual penetration with a foreign object, six counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a child, two counts of oral copulation with a child under 16, and three counts of lewd acts on a child.
Andrews plead not guilty last November.
Below is a look at the week in crime:
Sunday, Sept. 2
- Assault – 4 a.m. 1300 block South Diamond Bar Boulevard. Deputies received a report of domestic violence.
- Assault – 5:50 p.m. 400 block North Platina Drive. Deputies responded to a report of a domestic assault.
Monday, Sept. 3
- Vehicle Break-In/Theft – 11 a.m. 900 block of Wynnewood Drive. Parts or accessories were stolen out of a car.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- Burglary – 4 p.m. 24300 block Sylvan Glen Road. Burglars broke into a home. No forced entry found.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- Assault – 11:30 a.m. 100 block Diamond Ranch Drive. Deputies responded to a call of an assault.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- Motor Vehicle Theft – 9:10 a.m. 900 block of Clear Creek Canyon Drive. A vehicle was stolen from the area.
Friday, Sept. 7
- Vehicle Break-In/Theft – 9:10 a.m. 20800 block Golden Springs Drive. A vehicle was broken into.
- Burglary – 6:30 p.m. 1800 block Diamond Bar Boulevard. Burglars broke into a home at night.
Saturday, Sept. 8
- Theft/Larceny – 12:01 a.m. 1300 block Calbourne Drive. A petty theft was reported.