Mega community volunteer Debbie Dobson will be honored today at the Los Angeles County Fair.
Dobson is Walnut's 2012 Community Hero, and she will be participating in a parade today marking Walnut Day.
City residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com.
Today also is Mt. SAC Day. Students, staff, and faculty get free admission to the fair with a voucher.
Speaking of the fair, today is Thoughtful Thursday. Come between noon and 6 p.m. with a gently used book to donate in exchange for free admission.
Thursday's biggest attraction at the fairgrounds is the Demolition Derby. Guests can score some free Demolition Derby tickets at 3 p.m. at the kiosk on Rose Lane, near the lagoon.
And remember, the fair ends Sunday!
- Noon – 11 p.m.
- Mt. SAC and Azusa Pacific University Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Guests can enjoy half-price fountain beverages and bottled water all day.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit the fair's Web site for more information.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
- Demolition Derby: It's a wild 90 minutes of action. Drivers put the pedal to the metal and create mayhem, fun and excitement for the whole family. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
- Ke Aloha O Ka Hula: “Ke Aloha O Ka Hula,” meaning “The Love of Hula” brings Hawiian culture to the Fair through dance and music. Located at Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus. Check your Daily Fun Guide for show times.
- Battle of the Bands: Bands will compete for a cash prize and a chance to play the 2013 Vans Warped Tour held here at Fairplex. Witness the battle at the Coca Cola Stage from 6-11 p.m.
- Barnaby’s Circus School: Daily. Learn the skills to juggle like a pro with scarves, balls, clubs and rings.
- Peter Rabbit Meet & Greet: Daily. Visit Peter Rabbit and celebrate the 110th anniversary of the classic tale of Peter’s escape from Mr. McGregor’s garden. Located in FairView Farms. 12:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Azusa, Rancho Cucamonga and Walnut Day: Celebrate the dignitaries and Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held on the Community Stage in Building 4. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Azusa’s 2012 Community Heroes are Rosemary Garcia and Jose Corona. Rancho Cucamonga’s 2012 Community Heroes are siblings Joseph and Michael Salomon, and husband and wife Kelly and Don Ellis. Walnut’s 2012 Community Hero is Debbie Dobson.
- Chef Henry Gonazalez: Join Chef Henry Gonzalez, owner of Spaggi’s Restaurant for a class at 1 p.m. in the Wine & Spirits Marketplace.