If you’re headed to the Los Angeles County Fair today, here’s a list of programs and deals for Sunday. More information can be found at the fair’s website. www.lacountyfair.com.
A quick reminder that the fair will be dark on Monday and Tuesday. Today’s hours: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Western U Day: Students, faculty and staff receiving one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- Circus Circus Sundays: Free admission for children ages 6-12 with a paid adult admission at regular price with coupon good only Sunday. Presented by Circus Circus. Visit the Fair website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Mariachi USA Fiesta - Celebrating its 12th year at the L.A. County Fair, MARIACHI USA Fiesta is a 90-minute version of the ever-popular MARIACHI USA® from the Hollywood Bowl. Part of the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
DSB - Fans call them the “next best thing” to Journey as they stay true to Journey’s original legacy and deliver a nostalgic concert experience. See them at the Coca-Cola Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Iron Man - Iron Man from Marvel’s Avengers is coming to the Fair this weekend. Meet him in America’s Kids: A Living Library of Fun at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 p.m.
Shopping - Shop ‘til you drop at the Shopping Place, the largest marketplace west of the Mississippi. Start your holiday shopping early.
Los Rock Angels - Los Rock Angels plays a blend of Tex-Mex and Zydeco with an emphasis on Tejano music. See them at the Plaza de las Americas Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Stingray Island – Open daily. The Fair brings the beauty of sea life to the mainland in the form of its new attraction, Stingray Island. Meet Ollie the octopus and Milie & Max the Morey eels. See lobsters and shrimp schools. Feed stingrays (additional fee). Divers are on-site daily.
Thummer, Daisy and Lily Meet & Greet - Come meet Thummer, the official ambassador of the L.A. County Fair, and his friends Daisy and Lily as they welcome you to the greatest county fair in the world. At FairView Farms.
Carnival – Open daily. Ray Cammack Shows returns for its 28th year with the best carnival around.
Wine Classes - Join Rene Chazottes, director of wine at Newport Beach’s The Pacific Club in three sessions: Celebrate – Every Day’s a Good Day for Sparking Wine!, 2 –p.m.; Classic Cheese and Wine Pairings!, 4 p.m.; Bordeaux, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Meritage, 6 p.m. Wine & Spirits Marketplace.
Salsa contest - Check out the judging in the guacamole and salsa contests at the Culinary Styles Kitchen in the Village on Broadway. 7 p.m.