We ran the story earlier but just we offer this reminder that today is Claremont Day at the Fair. A few more details are below in a list of programs and deals at today’s fair. More information can be found at fair’s website.
Today’s hours: Noon – 11 p.m.
- Thoughtful Thursdays New Shoes and Socks Drive: One free admission noon-6 p.m. with a donation of NEW athletic shoes or packets of NEW socks for school-age children (size 10 youth to 12 adult). Proceeds benefit Shoes That Fit.
- Claremont College Day: Students, faculty and staff receive one free admission. Alumni will receive half-price admission. Coupon or voucher required for all college day discounts. Participants are encouraged to wear school colors.
- Presbyterian InterCommunity Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Guests can enjoy half-price fountain beverages and bottled water all day.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Boyz II Men, Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and En Vogue - R&B vocal group Boyz II Men will be performing as part of the End of Summer Concert Series along with Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and En Vogue. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m. Presented by Toyota.
Battle of the Bands - Bands compete for a cash prize and a chance to play at the 2013 Vans Warped Tour at Fairplex. Witness the battles at the Coca Cola Stage from 6-11 p.m.
Group Neblina - A combination of classical instruments and modern technology creating a unique Latin sound at the Plaza de las Americas Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 9 and 10 p.m.
Pets Ahoy – Open daily. Visit the dogs, cats, birds and pirates for an afternoon at sea. Our Pets Overboard show brings adventure in the form of lost treasure, pirates and their four-pawed shipmates. The Pirate’s Parrot Show demonstrates the amazing tricks of exotic birds aboard an “authentic” pirate ship. Check your Daily Fun Guide for a complete list of show times.
The High Flying Fun Trapeze School - Have you ever wanted to be a circus performer? Here’s your chance to jump in and learn how to fly on the trapeze first hand. (Nominal fee required.) Located at Esmeralda’s Traveling Circus.
Claremont Day - Celebrate the city and its Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com.
Wine Class - Explore the wines of Malibu Hills with wine instructor Neil McNally at 7 p.m. Wine & Spirits Marketplace.