After taking Tuesday off -- the LA County Fair is dark on Mondays and Tuesdays -- the action starts up at Fairplex again today, starting its first full week of action.
More information can be found at www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: Noon – 10 p.m.
- All You Can Ride Wednesdays: $25 for unlimited rides and admission.
- Senior Wednesdays: Ages 60+ are admitted to the Fair FREE with a coupon available in Los Angeles Newspaper Group newspapers. Please check the fair's website for more information.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
Senior Ballroom Dance Competition: Watch seniors tear up the dance floor in hopes of becoming the Fair’s champion dance couple. Styles of dance include favorites like the Foxtrot, Tango and Waltz. Competition is held at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. 2 p.m.
Ontario Day: Celebrate the city and Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. The ceremony is held at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Ontario’s Community Heroes are Irene Gertz and James Zarek.
Ivan Pecel – Making Juggling Tolerable: As funny as a standup comic and as skilled as a Chinese acrobat, Ivan is a new generation of juggling performers who delivers a show unlike anything you have ever seen before. Catch him at the Coca-Cola Stage at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m.
L.A. County Fair High School Marching Band Parade Competition: Come cheer on your favorite band as they compete for the title “Grand Champion” and begin their journey to represent the L.A. County Fair in the 2014 Tournament of Roses Parade. Competitions take place at 5 p.m.
Mariachi Alta California: Celebrate the music of Mexico at the Plaza de las Américas Stage. 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 p.m.
Cheesecake Competition: Find out which cheesecake is the perfect combination of taste, originality and visual delight. The judging begins at 7 p.m. at the Village on Broadway.