The L.A. County Fair is headed into its second weekend. Here are today’s highlights. For more information visit the fair’s website. www.lacountyfair.com.
Today’s hours: Noon – Midnight
- Huntington Hospital Bloodmobile will be at the Fair. On-site blood drive donors receive a ticket for one free return admission to the Fair.
- $5 after 5: Fair admission is only $5 after 5 p.m. with coupon. Visit website for more information.
- Food Drive Fridays: One free admission noon-6 p.m. with a donation of five-canned food products. The food will be donated to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank with a portion returning to a local community-based organization.
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Today’s Top Things To Do:
The B-52s with special guest Berlin featuring Terri Nunn - The B-52s perform at the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. Berlin opens. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
Pomona Day - Celebrate the city and Community Heroes during the parade at 5 p.m. and at the Community Heroes ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at Esmeralda’s Big Top Theatre. Residents receive $5 admission with online purchase using promo code available at lacountyfair.com. Pomona’s Community Heroes are Yesenia Perez, Mickey Gallivan and Frank Delgado.
Horse Racing - Live thoroughbred horse racing begins today at Fairplex Park. Now in its 74th season, racing continues through Sept. 23 (dark Mondays and Tuesdays). Post time is 4 p.m. Wednesday and 1 p.m. Thursday - Sunday.
Rock of Ages – Open daily. Take a walk through the history of Rock ‘n Roll with this special exhibit. Enjoy trivia, vintage memorabilia, music and videos. Includes a tribute to Soul Train and A&M Records. Located at the Grandstand Gallery.
Peter Rabbit - Meet Peter Rabbit and celebrate the 110th anniversary of the classic tale of Peter’s escape from Mr. McGregor’s garden. FairView Farms. 2:30 and 4:30 p.m.
Elton The Early Years - This tribute band captures the essence of 1970s Elton John complete with bell-bottoms, glitter and sequins. At the Coca-Cola Stage. 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
Son Mayor - One of the most popular and sought-after Latin bands performs at the Plaza de las Américas stage. 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
GENIUS, A Celebration of American Innovation – Open daily. This new, museum-quality exhibit celebrates America’s rich history of intellectual accomplishments. GENIUS comprises nearly 50 influential inventors and innovators from America’s past, including Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford, George Washington Carver and Steve Jobs.