The L.A. County Fair will kicks off today. The fair celebrates its 90th anniversary this year. Fair officials aim to put out a daily schedule of events. Below are opening day events, programs and deals.
Today’s hours: 3 p.m. - midnight
- $1 admission from 3-6 p.m.; $1 22-oz soft drinks from 6-9 p.m.; $2 carnival rides from 6-9 p.m.; $2 carnival games from 9 p.m.-midnight
- Season Pass: presented by Walgreens, $24.99 for ages 6 and older at participating Walgreens
- Ralphs Any-Day Tickets: admission tickets $10 for adults, $6 for ages 6-12, comes with exclusive unlimited carnival ride wristband ($35). Restrictions apply. Presented by Ralphs.
- Costco Savings Pack: $54.99 for 4 any-day tickets, one parking pass and 44 carnival ride/game tickets. At participating Costco store.
- Children 5 and younger are free every day.
Things To Do
Ribbon Cutting - The official ribbon-cutting opening the 90th anniversary of the L.A. County Fair is at 3 p.m. on the steps of the Millard Sheets Center for the Arts.
90th Anniversary Parade - The Fair kicks off its 90th anniversary celebration opening day with a special parade throughout the grounds at 5 p.m. Special guest is 94-year-old Happi Moore, who has attended every Fair since 1922.
The Wanted - Brit boy band The Wanted kicks off the End of Summer Concert Series, presented by Toyota. This is She opens. A limited number of free general admission tickets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. at the ticket kiosk on Rose Lane. Reserved seats are available at ticketmaster.com and the Fair box office. 7:30 p.m.
GENIUS, A Celebration of American Innovation – Open daily. This new, museum-quality exhibit celebrates America’s rich history of intellectual accomplishments. GENIUS comprises nearly 50 influential inventors and innovators from America’s past, including Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford, George Washington Carver and Steve Jobs.
Stingray Island – Open daily. The Fair brings the beauty of sea life to the mainland in the form of its new attraction, Stingray Island. Meet Ollie the octopus and Milie & Max the Morey eels. See lobsters and shrimp schools. Feed stingrays (additional fee). Divers are on-site daily.
Carnival – Open daily. Ray Cammack Shows returns for its 28th year with the best carnival around.
Led Zepagain - The Led Zeppelin tribute band kick off a Fair-long musicfest featuring several talented tribute bands. At the Coca Cola Stage – 7, 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m.
Festival Latinoamericano de Arte y Folklore - Aug. 31-Sept. 3. Celebrate the rich cultural traditions of Latin America this weekend with an artistic showcase of vendors and entertainment. Visit the Plaza de las Americas Stage for performances throughout the day.