Here are five things Diamond Bar and Walnut residents need to know this weekend.
1. Two Diamond Bar schools are hosting carnivals today. Armstrong Elementary School, located at 22750 Beaverhead Drive, and Quail Summit Elementary School, at 23330 E. Quail Summit Drive, are both gearing up for games, cotton candy, and fun activities for kids. See more about these carnivals in Diamond Bar-Walnut Patch's events.
2. The city of Walnut is kicking off its Haunted Maze this weekend. Brave visitors can get a glimpse at the Walnut Valley Psychiatric Ward today and Saturday. Click here for the details.
3. The Walnut High Mustangs will play its homecoming game tonight against Los Altos. Check out the Walnut Football blog.
4. National Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, with local law enforcement agencies, Kaiser Permanente and the DEA teaming up to offer residents a place to dispose of their unwanted or expired prescription drugs. Click here to see where you can dispose of yours.
5. Discovered Treasures Thrift Store in Walnut is celebrating its one-year anniversary Saturday and the public is invited. Fun activities are planned and also a blow out sale. Click here for more information.